some wee snippets about Gordon: at the risk of sounding like some cheesy coffee table glossy, we thought we'd give you some wee snippets about Gordon... just for those that don’t already know him!
- What he says about diving with him: 'Relax you're on Skye time now......... you're on holiday - enjoy it don't endure it’
- He started diving in 1976, .......... 35 years ago, and still enjoys it. He has dived around the coast of Skye throughout that time, even when home on leave from diving in the Middle-East!
- Despite heroic rumours of fights with great whites or reckless propellers, the facial scars were delivered by a Manta (not Ray, ...Opel), on the way to a football match. Beware he's despised the sport ever since.
- Diving Career in short: Far too much hilarity and practical jokes, as a commercial diver in Saudia Arabia, where he worked as a diving supervisor for 15 years. Regular air dives to 60m+ , haven’t helped... well, anything really, but with an ability to get the job done, his reputation follows him ashore today! Surprisingly he still loves diving!
- Favourite tipple: Highland Park whisky, and Rusty Nails.
- Favourite dive: Conger Crevice